Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need to hire a professional to have my windows cleaned?
- Why is professional window cleaning service better than so called "maid" service?
- How often should I have my windows cleaned?
- What does your window cleaning cost?
- Why should I have both the interior and exterior cleaned at the same time?
- Do you bring your own equipment and supplies?
- What if it rains after my windows are cleaned?
- My carpet is lightly colored and I am concerned about staining. What if dirt or mud is tracked into my house?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do I need to prepare the space before window washing?
- How long does it take to clean the windows?
- What happens if I'm not satisfied with the service?
- Do I need to be home while you are cleaning my windows?
- My windows are tinted. Will cleaning damage my expensive tint?
- What sort of products or chemicals are used?
- What are foggy windows?
- How can I get a list of references?
- What happens with returned checks?
- When is payment due?
- What payment methods are accepted?
- Can you remove paint from windows?
- What if I only want the exterior of my windows cleaned?
1. Why do I need to hire a professional to have my windows cleaned?
Regular professional cleaning prevents your windows from becoming etched or pitted over time. Professionals clean without leaving streaks or residue behind and have a trained eye for faulty windows. Hiring a professional also results in a time savings for you. We have all the right equipment to accomplish the job at a much faster pace with amazing quality.
2. Why is professional window cleaning service better than so called "maid" service?
Many maids use Windex and a paper towel which does not clean your windows, it rubs the dirt around creating static charge which attracts the dirt but worst of all it can scratch the glass. We use professional tools that have been in the window cleaning industry since 1936. Our products are biodegradable and leave a pleasant sparkle.
3. How often should I have my windows cleaned?
We are pleased to offer a flexible cleaning schedule to meet your individual needs. For an exterior cleaning our recommendation is two times per year. We recommend at least once a year for an interior cleaning unless you smoke in your home, have small children, or pets. In this case, we can work with you to maintain highly exposed windows on a regular basis. The more often you commit to having your windows cleaned, the greater savings we can offer you!
4. What does your window cleaning cost?
We offer 3 different packages: Basic, Deluxe, and Premium, so that you can choose what services you want. Depending on the type of windows you have and the landscaping surrounding your home, our prices vary house to house, window to window, level of service to level of service. Generally speaking, a small home starts at about $149, a medium sized home starts at about $225, and a large home starts at about $325. In order to get a more accurate quote, click on the "Get the Bid" in the header on the home page or any of the other pages. If you would like to talk to one of our friendly technicians to get a free phone ballpark estimate, please call 877-497-2523.
5. Why should I have both the interior and exterior cleaned at the same time?
We strongly recommend doing both the interior and exterior at the same time to see the full effect of a perfectly cleaned window. A smear or smudge on the interior not cleaned by a professional could leave you dissatisfied with your service. You will be amazed at the difference it makes!
6. Do you bring your own equipment and supplies?
Yes, including ladders, we provide all necessary equipment and supplies. We will however need to use your water and hose.
7. What if it rains after my windows are cleaned?
Professionally cleaned windows really shouldn't spot if it rains within a few days of the cleaning. Dirt makes your windows dirty, not rain. When the dust from landscapers, tree pollen, exhaust, etc. settles on your windows, rain drops move the dirt around, and after the rain dries the dirt becomes much more visible. However, clean windows remain clean after the rain because once the pure rain water dries there is nothing to obscure your view. In the unlikely event that there are spots or marks left on your windows due to rain within 7 days of our professional cleaning, if you have purchased our Premium package, we will return to re-clean those windows at no charge to you. Think of it as free insurance for your windows!
back to top of page
8. My carpet is lightly colored and I am concerned about staining. What if dirt or mud is tracked into my house?
For your protection, our technicians wear shoe covers when indoors or will remove their shoes completely.
9. What is your cancellation policy?
Please cancel appointments at least 24 hours in advance. We ask that cancellations are not made over e-mail, as e-mail may be sent to the wrong address. Please use the phone number 877-497-2523.
10. Do I need to prepare the space before window washing?
The owner is responsible to remove any objects in the way of the window, (furniture, window dressings). Outside shrubbery should stay trimmed as it may incur an additional cost.
11. How long does it take to clean the windows?
Cleaning windows make take any where from 1 to 10 hours depending on the size of the house and number of windows to be cleaned.
12. What happens if I'm not satisfied with the service?
If the customer is not completely satisfied with the service we will work hard until we meet a reasonable standard for the customer.
13. Do I need to be home while you are cleaning my windows?
You are only required to be home when we are cleaning your interior windows. For your convenience, we leave the decision up to you if you would like to be present for an exterior cleaning. We will gladly clean your exterior windows and simply leave an invoice in your mailbox for payment if you choose not to be there. If you simply cannot be there, other arrangements can be made for our entry and cleaning of your home.
14. My windows are tinted. Will cleaning damage my expensive tint?
No. We recommend following your manufacturer’s instructions for a drying period after having your windows tinted. We do not use any products containing ammonia and therefore your window cleaning will not affect the tinting.
15. What sort of products or chemicals are used?
We use industry standard products which are safe, non toxic & biodegradable.
16. What are foggy windows?
A fogged window is the result of a broken seal. Broken seals can happen in a number of ways such as foundation settlement or extreme changes in weather. Upon an initial cleaning, you can expect that we will be checking for any "foggy windows" and also faulty seals. Should we find one, these are protected under some warranties and a prompt repair could save you costly window replacements in the future. "*We are not responsible for cracked or scratched glass, or torn screens." Pictures will be taken as these items are noticed if not found during initial cleaning.
17. How can I get a list of references?
Call and we will can email you a list of references for you neighborhood. Lists can be generated by zip code.
18. What happens with returned checks?
We charge a $25.00 added fee for returned checks.
19. When is payment due?
Payment is due upon completion unless other terms are agreed upon before the project is started.
20. What payment methods are accepted?
Cash, and checks made payable to "Pane In The Glass Window Cleaners." We can also accept credit cards. You can use this link to go to our payment page.
21. Can you remove paint from windows?
Paint, stucco, silicone, stickers and other construction and remodeling debris can be removed from windows. Removal of such debris is not covered under the "Basic Window Cleaning Service." There is an additional charge that will be itemized on your bill called "Construction Clean Up" for these services. We can also repair graffiti from your glass. We use the most up to date equipment to grind out the scratches and polish your glass to look brand new.
22. What if I only want the exterior of my windows cleaned?
Some of our customers only have us clean the exterior windows. If you prefer to have us clean only the exterior we will gladly do so. As a matter of fact, we only do what you order.